A beautiful, flawless skin is every woman’s dream. But what is the best way to achieve it?
The answer depends upon many factors like lifestyle, skin type, eating habits, genetics and more.
Let us learn about the products to be used every day, how to choose them and what type of beauty regimen to follow.
What Are The Daily Essentials For Long Lasting Beauty?
- Cleanser : A gentle cleanser to remove the dead skin cells upon waking up in the morning and makeup along with debris before going to bed in the night is a must for every woman’s skincare routine.
(You can learn more about cleansing from our blog How To Cleanse Your Skin)
- Facial Scrub : It is almost impossible to get a healthy complexion without a facial scrub. It treats the face by deep cleaning the skin and exfoliating it.
- Moisturizer : It helps prevent dryness and gives you a radiant and hydrated skin.
- Sunscreen : Not applying sunscreen every day is a big NO! NO! Ladies who love being outdoors should apply it every now and then throughout the day. If you’re not in the open for the majority of the day, applying sunscreen once in the morning should be enough.
- Lip Balm : Chapped lips are a common phenomenon that trouble women quite often. Balms will relieve your lips of dryness and give you those Angelina Jolie like rims we all dream of.
- Eye Cream : Eyes are the first sign of aging. The skin surrounding them is thinner than the rest of the body, giving you crow’s feet and fine lines.
- Body Polish : A body polish gently exfoliates your skin to remove the dead skin cells along with moisturizing it to prevent roughness that accompanies exfoliation. It not only keeps your skin healthy but also hydrated.
How do Skin Types affect your beauty regimes?
There are five skin types commonly found in people viz., dry, normal, oily, sensitive and combination. (You can learn more about skin types from our blog How To Identify Your Skin Type & Why is it Important)
Dry Skin : If your skin is rough and flaky, a moisturizer is your best friend. Dry skin is always thirsty so nourishing it with corresponding lotions is most beneficial.
Oily Skin : in case you possess oily skin, including a cleanser with no oil in your skincare routine is the best option.
Normal Skin : You fall under the lucky category if your skin type is normal as it doesn’t need much care compared to other skin types. Still, it is recommended to use quality products in your skincare routine along with cleansing and moisturizing daily.
Sensitive Skin : Use natural ingredients and say no to products with harsh chemicals and irritants. Your skin will require extra care and attention if it is of the sensitive type.
Combined Skin : Ah! The tricky one. People with combination skin should use products that are non-drying but also don’t contain extra oil. You will have to treat the dry, normal, oily and sensitive areas in your skin differently.
What is the best Skincare Routine for Women?
KEEP IT SIMPLE – This is the best advice you could get when following a skincare routine. Adding too many products in your beauty regimen is not only detrimental to your skin but also confusing.
Follow the 3 basics in the exact order –
No matter what your skincare routine is, cleansers, moisturizers and sunscreens are a must.
In addition to these, you can occasionally use body polishes, facial scrubs, eye creams and the like, as needed.
You can also add other steps to your routine in case your skin requires additional treatment or if you feel the need to do so.
With the constant development of skincare products and the changes your skin goes through according to various internal and external factors, your skincare routine will also evolve.
It is most beneficial to follow a constant routine over a period of time with respect to your skin type and avoid the use of too many products to gain and maintain the best results.